SPAM® and rice is always a really satisfying combination – with the addition of a bit of spice it becomes even better!
340g tin of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, chopped
1 large onion, peeled & roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
2 red chillies, de-seeded & finely chopped
1 tsp jerk or Cajun seasoning
1 large red pepper, de-seeded & roughly chopped
300g easy cook basmati rice
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the oil and the chopped SPAM® and let it sizzle and fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the butter then add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
3. Add the chilli and the spices and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Now add the red pepper and fry until softened, 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir well so that it is coated in all the spices, now add the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just cooked.
5. Add the SPAM®, cook for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Season to taste and stir carefully.
6. Serve on warmed plates – enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.